Choosing a Homeschool Magazine
A homeschool magazine can offer you so much more than just tempting advertisements for costly curriculum. They have valuable information to assist you in teaching at home as well as great, inspirational articles.
Home School Magazines
Currently, these are some of the available choices, in alphabetical order:
- Home School Enrichment Magazine is a Christian magazine seeking to help you "keep the joy in your homeschool."
- Homeschool Digest Magazine is a quarterly journal for family discipleship. They endeavor to "strengthen, encourage, and equip you in your journey of homeschooling, raising Godly children and walking closer with Jesus Christ."
- Homeschooling Today Magazine is a "practical journal of home discipleship." They offer articles, reviews, a FAQ section, homeschool store, and more.
- Practical Homeschooling Magazine is Mary Pride's resource which features columns by several well-known experts including cleaning expert, Don Aslett; science expert, Janice VanCleave; education expert, Samuel Blumenfeld; and great reviews and contests.
- Secular Homeschooling Magazine is a "non-religious bimonthly magazine that reflects the diversity of the homeschooling community."
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine is "the magazine for homeschool families. It offers homeschoolers a variety of resources and encouragement, plus ways to learn about the latest and greatest educational resources out there."
The public libraries have issues of many of these if the cost of a subscription is difficult for you. I enjoy spending time reading current and past issues at our library.
What You Will Find
These are some of the typical things that you will receive:
Additionally, you can expect to find...
- free printable resources
- information about contests
- field trip suggestions
- college information
If you didn't think that there was anything of value for you in a home school magazine, think about all these benefits mentioned.
Most all of them will include tips, suggestions, resources, life lessons, support, encouragement, and reviews tailored to your needs.
Before you subscribe though, check out an issue from the public library or borrow from a friend to see which one best matches your needs and interests.
Go back to Start Homeschooling Page
Return from Homeschool Magazine to Homeschool Curriculum
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.